Granola is a simple solution for busy mornings. Between the whole grains, the nuts, and the spices, what's not to love about this classic recipe? The star of this particular granola is the chopped dates that give this granola a unique sweetness. Add this granola to yogurt parfaits, smoothies, or simply enjoy it on its own!
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray of your choice. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine. Spread the mixture on a pre-prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, mix around, and then bake another 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Stir in dates, then store in an airtight container.